(sent by Eshta)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 small red onions, peeled and cut into 1-inch-wide sections
2 bell peppers, cleaned and cut nto 1-inch squares
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
12 (10-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
1. I a small bowl, combine the dry rub ingredients and mix well.
2. Cut the meat into 1 1/2-inch cubes and put them in a gallon-size zip-lock bag with the rub mix. Seal the bag and shake it vigorously until all the chicken is well coated.
3. Place the onions and peppers in a gallon-size zip-lock bag, add the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Seal the bag and shake it vigorously to coat the vegetables well.
4. Assemble the kebabs by alternately skewering pieces of chicken, onions, and peppers.
5. Prepare a charcoal fire or set a gas grill to medium-high, close the lid, and heat until hot — about 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 8 to 10 minutes on a gas grill. Serves 6 to 8.